Jimmy “The Brute” Crute, 24, of Altona Meadows, Victoria, Australia fought Modestas “The Baltic Gladiator” Bukauskas, 26, of Klaipeda, Lithuania at “UFC Fight Night 180.” Also called “UFC on ESPN+ 38” or “UFC Fight Island 6,” the mixed martial arts event took place at the Flash Forum on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates on October 18, 2020 in the UAE or October 17, 2020 in the United States.
Featuring 11 MMA matches, the Ultimate Fighting Championship held “UFC Fight Island 6” in partnership with the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi. There were no fans in attendance due to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Two Asian countries were represented at “UFC Fight Island 6” namely the Philippines and South Korea and three Asian MMA fighters were on the card. The ninth match was between Crute and Bukauskas.
The Australian MMA fighter and his Lithuanian opponent competed in the light heavyweight division. Here are the details:
- REFEREE: Anders Ohlsson
- WINNER: JIMMY CRUITE
- METHOD: Knockout
- TIME AND ROUND: 2:01 of Round 1
- Australia: Jamie Mullarkey, Jimmy Crute
- Brazil: Poliana Botelho, Thomas Almeida, Claudio Silva, Jessica Andrade
- Canada: Gillian Robertson
- France: Fares Ziam
- Georgia: Guram Kutateladze
- Lithuania: Modestas Bukauskas
- Philippines: Mark Striegl
- Poland: Mateusz Gamrot
- Russia: Said Nurmagomedov, Gadzhimurad Antigulov, Maxim Grishin
- South Korea: Park Jun Yong, Chan Sung Jung
- USA: Jonathan Martinez, James Krause, Katlyn Chookagian, Brian Ortega
- Wales: John Phillips
Professional record after “UFC Fight Island 6”
Categories: Mixed Martial Arts, SPORTS BUSINESS
Leave a Reply