Iraq is one of the 41 countries represented at the 2022 International Mixed Martial Arts Federation Youth World Championships. A total of 498 athletes have registered to compete, a significant increase from the 2021 edition in Bulgaria with 331 athletes from 23 countries.
At the 2022 IMMAF Youth World Championships, seven athletes will represent Iraq, which is home to UFC fighter Amir Albazi. Here is the list:
- Yousif Khalid Talal – Men’s M: Youth C 48 kg (106 lbs)
- Saleh Raed Jameel – Men’s M: Youth B 57 kg (126 lbs)
- Mohammed Kadhim Al Mayahi – Men’s M: Youth C 40 kg (88 lbs)
- Abbas Ali Mohaisen – Men’s M: Youth C 37 kg (82 lbs)
- Ali Hussein Abed – Men’s M: Youth B 52 kg (115 lbs)
- Aiham Ahmed Mufeed – Men’s M: Youth A Flyweight 56.7 kg (125 lbs)
- Moqtada Kamel abdalsada – Men’s M: Youth A Strawweight 52.2 kg (115 lbs)
All the 2022 IMMAF Youth World Championships fights will be held at the Jiu Jitsu Arena in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates from August 17-20, 2022. The fights will be livestreamed at immaf.tv.
Hosted by the UAE Jiu-Jitsu and MMA Federation, three categories of youth tournaments will be held under IMMAF Youth MMA Rules for 12 to 13-year-olds (Youth C), 14 to 15-year-olds (Youth B) and 16 to 17-year-olds (Youth A). The rule sets have been modified from the Unified Rules with respect to the developmental stage and safety of each age group as advised by IMMAF’s medical, coaching and regulatory affairs committees.
In the IMMAF, head strikes are not allowed for competitors under the age of 18. The minimum technical level requirement is Orange grade for 14 to 17-year-olds and Yellow grade for 12-13-year-olds.
Registered athletes need to meet grading requirements and pass medical preclearance, the IMMAF’s eligibility process and pre-event weigh-ins to be entered into the tournament draw on August 16, 2022. That day, the finalized list of competitors and first day matches will be announced.
Categories: Mixed Martial Arts, SPORTS BUSINESS
Leave a Reply