India is one of the 41 countries represented at the 2022 International Mixed Martial Arts Federation Youth World Championships. A total of 498 athletes have registered to compete, a significant increase from the 2021 edition in Bulgaria with 331 athletes from 23 countries.
At the 2022 IMMAF Youth World Championships, 15 athletes will represent India, which is home to ex-UFC fighter Bharat Khandare. Here is the list:
- Jagvi Pardeshi – Women’s F: Youth C 37 kg (82 lbs)
- Avani Naithani – Women’s F: Youth C 40 kg (88 lbs)
- Durgashree Gejjiganahalli Murthy – Women’s F: Youth C 40 kg (88 lbs)
- Aarya Choudhary – Women’s F: Youth A Atomweight 47.7 kg (105 lbs)
- Praggya P Khanikar – Women’s F: Youth B 48 kg (106 lbs)
- Theeksha Bharuni – Women’s F: Youth C 52 kg (115 lbs)
- Ayeera Chishti – Women’s F: Youth A Strawweight 52.2 kg (115 lbs)
- Tarshit Yalamanchili – Men’s M: Youth A Strawweight 52.2 kg (115 lbs)
- Aryan Raj – Men’s M: Youth C 57 kg (126 lbs)
- Akshita Shrivastava – Women’s F: Youth B 57 kg (126 lbs)
- Aranjot Kaur – Women’s F: Youth A Bantamweight 61.2 kg (135 lbs)
- Viwin Nithyanand – Men’s M: Youth A Bantamweight 61.2 kg (135 lbs)
- Chirag Sankar – Men’s M: Youth A Featherweight 65.8 kg (145 lbs)
- Palak Nag – Women’s F: Youth A Lightweight 70.3 kg (155 lbs)
- Zaid Bhat – Men’s M: Youth B 72 kg (159 lbs)
All the 2022 IMMAF Youth World Championships fights will be held at the Jiu Jitsu Arena in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates from August 17-20, 2022. The fights will be livestreamed at immaf.tv.
Hosted by the UAE Jiu-Jitsu and MMA Federation, three categories of youth tournaments will be held under IMMAF Youth MMA Rules for 12 to 13-year-olds (Youth C), 14 to 15-year-olds (Youth B) and 16 to 17-year-olds (Youth A). The rule sets have been modified from the Unified Rules with respect to the developmental stage and safety of each age group as advised by IMMAF’s medical, coaching and regulatory affairs committees.
In the IMMAF, head strikes are not allowed for competitors under the age of 18. The minimum technical level requirement is Orange grade for 14 to 17-year-olds and Yellow grade for 12-13-year-olds.
Registered athletes need to meet grading requirements and pass medical preclearance, the IMMAF’s eligibility process and pre-event weigh-ins to be entered into the tournament draw on August 16, 2022. That day, the finalized list of competitors and first day matches will be announced.
Categories: Mixed Martial Arts, SPORTS BUSINESS
Leave a Reply