Including Armenia, 41 countries are represented at the 2022 International Mixed Martial Arts Federation Youth World Championships. A total of 498 athletes have registered to compete, a significant increase from the 2021 edition in Bulgaria with 331 athletes from 23 countries.
From August 17-20, 2022, all the 2022 IMMAF Youth World Championships fights will be held at the Jiu Jitsu Arena in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Fight fans can watch the event live at immaf.tv.
Hosted by the UAE Jiu-Jitsu and MMA Federation, three categories of youth tournaments will be held under IMMAF Youth MMA Rules for 12 to 13-year-olds (Youth C), 14 to 15-year-olds (Youth B) and 16 to 17-year-olds (Youth A). The rule sets have been modified from the Unified Rules with respect to the developmental stage and safety of each age group as advised by IMMAF’s medical, coaching and regulatory affairs committees.
The IMMAF does not permit head strikes for competitors under the age of 18. The standard will also increase as this year’s minimum technical level required of 14 to 17-year-olds will be Orange grade while Yellow grade will remain the requirement for 12-13-year-olds.
Registered athletes need to meet grading requirements and pass medical preclearance, the IMMAF’s eligibility process and pre-event weigh-ins to be entered into the tournament draw on August 16, 2022. That day, the finalized list of competitors and first day matches will be announced.
Armenia is represented by 11 athletes at the 2022 IMMAF Youth World Championships. Here is the list:
- Sergey Bayburtyan – Men’s M: Youth C 31 kg (68 lbs)
- Hayk Gevorgyan – Men’s M: Youth C 34 kg (75 lbs)
- Avet Barseghyan – Men’s M: Youth C 37 kg (82 lbs)
- Mesrop Yeghiazaryan – Men’s M: Youth C 40 kg (88 lbs)
- Zhora Murajyan – Men’s M: Youth B 48 kg (106 lbs)
- Vahe Tadevosyan – Men’s M: Youth C 48 kg (106 lbs)
- Davit Sevlikyan – Men’s M: Youth C 52 kg (115 lbs)
- Vigen Avagyan – Men’s M: Youth B 62 kg (137 lbs)
- Aghasi Poghosyan – Men’s M: Youth C 100 kg (220 lbs)
- Arayik Sahakyan – Men’s M: Youth C 62 kg (137 lbs)
- Rafayel Ktikyan – Men’s M: Youth A Featherweight 65.8 kg (145 lbs)
Categories: Mixed Martial Arts, SPORTS BUSINESS
Leave a Reply