Joshua Pacio is an Igorot mixed martial artist nicknamed The Passion. He is 5’4″ tall and he competes in the strawweight division.
Born on January 10, 1996, Pacio trains out of Team Lakay in La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines. Here are 13 more facts about him:
- When he was 6 years old, his father had to go to Israel for work, leaving him and his mother in La Trinidad.
- When he was 10 years old, he was overweight. His heaviest weight was 65kg.
- When he was 11 years old, he started training in Muay Thai and kickboxing with his uncle, a former Muay Thai fighter, as his coach. This helped him lose 9kg.
- When he was 13 years old, he started his training in wushu. He went on to become a national wushu champion in the Philippines.
- When he was 14 years old, he joined Team Lakay.
- As an amateur MMA fighter, he competed in UGB MMA twice.
- From 2013 to 2016, he had 21 professional MMA fights and lost to three opponents only namely Yoshitaka Naito, Hayato Suzuki and Yusuke Saruta, who are all Japanese.
- He was 22 years old when he first became the ONE Strawweight World Champion by dethroning Naito in their rematch in Indonesia.
- Nine days after his 23rd birthday, he lost the ONE Strawweight World Championship title to Saruta in Indonesia.
- When he was 24, he regained the ONE Strawweight World Championship title by dethroning Saruta in their rematch in the Philippines.
- He lives in Baguio City, Philippines where he enjoys mountain biking.
- He loves running and jogging with his dog, a beagle named Toffee.
- He studies hospitality management at the University of the Cordilleras in Baguio City.
Categories: Mixed Martial Arts, SPORTS BUSINESS
Leave a Reply