Gal Gadot is an actress, model and producer from Israel. Here are 13 more facts about her:
- She was born in Rosh HaAyin, Israel on April 30, 1985 engineer Michael Gadot and teacher Irit Weiss Gadot. She has a younger sister named Dana Gadot.
- In 2004, she was convinced by a talent scout to compete in Miss Israel 2004 and was surprised when she won the title. She represented her home country in Miss Universe 2004 on June 1, 2004 in Quito, Ecuador and was unplaced while Jennifer Hawkins of Australia won the title.
- After completing her mandatory years of service in the Israel Defense Forces from 2005 to 2006, she enrolled at the Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya College (IDC Herzliya) in Herzliya, Israel where she studied in law and international relations.
- In 2007, she made her acting debut by playing Miriam “Merry” Elkayam in the Israeli television series “Bubot.”
- After completing one year in the IDC Herzliya, she was called to audition for the role of Bond girl Camille Montes in “Quantum of Solace,” which was released on October 31, 2008 in the United Kingdom and on November 14, 2008 in the United States. She did not get the role, which was given to Ukrainian-French actress Olga Kurylenko.
- In 2008, she married Israeli real estate developer Yaron Varsano. She gave birth to their first daughter in 2011 and their second daughter in 2017.
- Her first movie character was Gisele Yashar in “Fast & Furious 4,” which was released in the U.S. on April 3, 2009. She reprised the role in “Fast Five” in 2011, “Fast & Furious 6” in 2013 and “Furious 7” in 2015.
- In 2015, she and Varsano sold their boutique hotel in Tel Aviv, Israel to Israeli-Russian billionaire businessman and politician Roman Abramovich for $26 million. In the same year, she was the face of Gucci’s Bamboo perfume brand.
- She played Diana Prince/Wonder Woman in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” in 2016 and “Wonder Woman” and “Justice League” in 2017.
- In October 2019, she and Varsano formed a production company named Pilot Wave.
Categories: Film & TV
Leave a Reply