Abdel Nader (عبد الرحمن نادر) is an American professional basketball player of Egyptian descent. Here are 10 more facts about him:
- He was born to Egyptian parents Ahmed Youssef and Amina Rehama in Alexandria, Egypt on September 25, 1993. He has an older sister named Sheri Nader.
- In 1996, he and Sheri were brought by their parents from Alexandria to Skokie, Illinois, United States.
- He is 6’5″.
- He is fluent in English and Arabic.
- He went to Maine Township High School East in Park Ridge, Illinois before moving to Niles Township High School North in Skokie.
- He attended Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois from 2011 to 2013.
- He went to Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, USA where he studied liberal studies.
- On June 24, 2016, the Boston Celtics drafted him with the 58th overall pick in the 2016 National Basketball Association draft. He joined the team for the 2016 NBA Summer League. On October 31, 2016, the NBA Development League’s Maine Red Claws acquired him.
- On April 14, 2017, he was named the 2016–2017 NBA Development League Rookie of the Year. He was the first internationally born player to earn the title.
- On July 23, 2018, the Boston Celtics traded him to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Rodney Purvis.
Categories: Basketball, SPORTS BUSINESS
Leave a Reply