Formed by YG Entertainment, Blackpink debuted with the album “Square One,” which was released on August 8, 2016. It contained two songs namely “Whistle” and “Boombayah.”
Lisa is a multilingual Thai rapper, singer and dancer. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born Pranpriya Manoban to Thai parents in Buriam, Thailand on March 27, 1997. She later legally changed her first name to Lalisa.
- She is the only Thai member of Blackpink. She speaks Thai, English and Korean fluently and basic Japanese and Chinese.
- In 2001, she started to take dance classes. She went on to compete in dance contests.
- She attended Praphamontree School I and II in Bangkok, Thailand.
- In 2009, she represented her school in a singing contest hosted by the Moral Promotion Center. She finished as a runner-up.
- She and “BamBam” Kunpimook Bhuwakul of Got7 were two of the 11 members of the dance crew We Zaa Cool. In September 2009, the crew competed in “LG Entertainment Million Dream Sanan World” on Channel 9 and won the Special Team award.
- In 2009, she was one of the 4,000 people who auditioned to join YG Entertainment in Thailand. She was the only one who passed.
- On April 11, 2011, she officially joined YG Entertainment, making her the label’s first trainee who is not ethnically Korean.
- In March 2015, she modelled for street-wear brand Nona9on. It was her first modelling job.
- In 2017, she appeared as a cast member in three episodes of the OnStyle show “Lisa TV.”
- In 2018, she appeared in six episodes of the MBC show “Real Man 300.” On March 21, 2018, she became the brand ambassador of South Korean cosmetics brand Moonshot in China. The Standard named her as Person of the Year both in 2018 and 2019.
- On March 28, 2019, she signed her first solo endorsement deal for AIS Thailand. She became the highest paid brand presenter for Thailand’s largest GSM mobile phone operator. On May 11, 2019, she became the brand presenter for the Samsung Galaxy S10 in Thailand. She graced the cover of Harper’s Bazaar Thailand in May 2019, which was her first solo magazine cover.
- In 2020, she appeared as a mentor in 12 episodes of the iQiyi show “Youth With You” Season 2. On March 27, 2020, she released “0327,” a limited edition photobook composed entirely with self-taken photographs through a film camera.