Formed by YG Entertainment, Blackpink debuted with the album “Square One,” which was released on August 8, 2016. It contained two songs namely “Whistle” and “Boombayah.”
Rosé is a singer and dancer. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born to South Korean parents in Auckland, New Zealand on February 11, 1997. Her sister Alice Park, who is four years older than her, is a lawyer. Their father is a lawyer while their mother is a businesswoman.
- Her Korean name is Park Chaeyoung.
- She is 5’6¼”.
- In 2004, she and her family moved to Melbourne, Australia.
- In 2009, she graduated from Kew East Primary School in Kew East, Victoria, Australia.
- She attended Canterbury Girls Secondary College in Canterbury, Victoria.
- At her father’s suggestion, she joined an audition for YG Entertainment in Australia in March 2012. She ranked number 1 besting around 700 other participants. In May 2012, she dropped out of school, signed with the label and moved to Seoul. She was featured in “Without You,” a song from G-Dragon’s extended play “One of a Kind,” which was released on September 15, 2012. She was credited as YG New Girl Group.
- She appeared in the short film “Spawned Seeds,” a short film released in the United States on April 5, 2016. In June 2016, YG Entertainment announced that she would be a member of Blackpink.
- In 2017, she competed in the MBC show “King of Mask Singer” as Circus Girl and in the SBS show “Fantastic Duo 2.”
- In 2018, Rosé and Jisoo were selected as endorsers for the South Korean cosmetics brand Kiss Me.
- In October 2019, the Perfect World Entertainment announced that she would be a promotional model for its MMORPG “Perfect World Mobile.”
- In 2020, she was named the global ambassador for Yves Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello. On June 2, 2020, YG Entertainment announced that she would make her debut as a solo artist.
- She considers Tori Kelly as her inspiration as a musician.