Professionally known as Jisoo, Kim Ji Soo (김지수) is one of the members of the K-pop quartet Blackpink. The other members are Jennie, Rosé and Lisa.
Formed by YG Entertainment, Blackpink debuted with the album “Square One,” which was released on August 8, 2016. It contained two songs namely “Whistle” and “Boombayah.”
Jisoo is a singer, model and actress. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Gunpo, Gyeonggi, South Korea on January 3, 1995. She is the oldest member of Blackpink.
- She is 5’4″.
- She has one brother and one sister.
- She speaks Korean, Chinese and Japanese.
- She attended the School of Performing Arts Seoul in Guro-gu, Seoul, South Korea.
- In 2011, YG Entertainment recruited her as a trainee.
- In 2013, it was confirmed that she would be a member of Blackpink.
- In 2015, she made a cameo appearance as herself in the KBS2 series “The Producers.”
- In 2017, she made a cameo appearance as herself in the SBS series “Part-Time Idols.” From 2017 to 2018, she served as a host in the SBC music program “Inkigayo.”
- In September 2018, she and Rosé became endorsers of the South Korean cosmetics brand Kiss Me.
- She played Sae Na-Rae in “Arthdal Chronicles,” which premiered on tvN on June 1, 2019. In December 2019, she became an ambassador for Dior Beauty.
- In September 2020, she graced the cover of Dazed Korea‘s 155th Edition 2020. She and Jennie are one of the 10 songwriters of the Blackpink song “Lovesick Girls,” which was released on October 2, 2020.
- She will play Eun Young Cho in “Snowdrop,” which will premiered on JTBC in 2021.