- Her full name is Rabiya Occeña Mateo.
- She was born on November 14, 1996.
- She hails from Balasan, Iloilo, Philippines.
- She attended Iloilo Doctor’s College in Molo, Iloilo City. She graduated cum laude.
- She is a licensed physical therapist.
- She is an education advocate.
- She was raised by a single mother.
- She is 5’6″.
- She is half-Filipino, half-Indian.
- On January 23, 2020, she was crowned Miss Iloilo Universe 2020 at the West Visayas State University (WVSU) Cultural Center in Pangasugan, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines. She also won Miss Smart Communications, Miss Fiesta, Miss Mags and Best in Talent. She is the inaugural holder of the title.
- During the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, she prepared meals for frontliners of the Iloilo Doctors Hospital and worked with BULIG of the Jazmin Foundation to raise funds for the frontliners’ personal protective equipment (PPEs) the pedicab drivers who lost their jobs. With the help of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Iloilo Chapter, she helped make PPEs at the Iloilo Science and Technology University, according to The Pageant Hub.
- She represented Iloilo City in Miss Universe Philippines 2020. She won the Best in Swimsuit award during the preliminary round at the Cordillera Convention Center of Baguio Country Club in Baguio City, Philippines on October 23, 2020.
- She was crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2020 at the Cordillera Convention Center of Baguio Country Club on October 25, 2020. She bested 45 other candidates.
Categories: Beauty Pageants
1 reply »