Josh “TimeBomb” Tonna, 32, of Australia challenged reigning ONE Strawweight Muay Thai World Champion Sam-A Gaiyanghadao, 36, of Thailand at “ONE: Reign of Dynasties.” It was the first international sports production pilot to take place in the Southeast Asian country since its implementation of measures related to the new coronavirus (COVID-19).
Featuring five mixed martial arts matches and one Muay Thai title bout, “ONE: Reign of Dynasties” took place at the Singapore Indoor Stadium in Kallang, Singapore on October 9, 2020. The main event of the evening was the title bout between Tonna and Sam-A.
It was the only ONE Super Series match on the card. Sam-A is also the reigning ONE Strawweight Kickboxing World Champion.
The Australian challenger failed to dethrone the defending Thai champion. Here are the details:
- REFEREE: Johnny Chan
- WINNER: SAM-A GAIYANGHADAO
- METHOD: Technical Knockout
- TIME AND ROUND: 2:30 of Round 2
- Australia: Josh Tonna, Reece McLaren
- China: Hexigetu, Liu Peng Shuai
- Finland: Aleksi Toivonen
- India: Rahul Raju, Roshan Mainam
- Indonesia: Eko Roni Saputra
- Malaysia: Murugan Silvarajoo
- Singapore: Amir Khan
- Thailand: Sam-A Gaiyanghadao, Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke
Professional record after “ONE: Reign of Dynasties”
(Muay Thai & Kickboxing)