Excitement for The Terrific 12 basketball games is in the air. Basketball lovers are waiting in anticipation for the upcoming showdowns between the top professional basketball clubs from China, Japan, South Korea and the Philippines.
Fans will have the time of their lives at Macao’s Tap Seac Multi-Sport Pavilion from September 17-22, 2019. With less than three weeks before tip-off of the premier pre-season event of the summer, East Asia Super League and Philippine Basketball Association legend Jimmy Alapag arrived in Macao SAR to host meet and greet events on August 28, 2019.
In 2018, Alapag made his first EASL appearance at the Coaches’ Clinic, sharing his knowledge with over 50 basketball coaches in the region. This year, he will be coaching with the San Miguel Beermen and his eyes on returning to the Philippines with some new hardware.
For now though, Alapag was focused on sightseeing, interacting with local fans and enjoying all the tourist attractions that Macao SAR has to offer. He visited the Philippine Consulate, a locally owned Filipino restaurant, hosted question-and-answer sessions with fans and hosted EASL merchandise giveaways.
The former PBA MVP and 11-time All-Star kicked off the day by visiting some of the most iconic destinations including Rua do Cunha at the center of Taipa as well as the Ruins of St Paul’s Cathedral. Alapag enjoyed the scenery of Macao, which he said is the perfect destination to host high level sports competitions like The Terrific 12.
“Macao’s tourism sector is consistently growing and this is a great location for events,” Alapag stated. “People from so many different countries come to visit and enjoy the culture, food and people.”
”To bring a big-time sports event like The Terrific 12 to Macao is huge for locals and tourists,” Alapag continued. “There’s a ton of sports fans in the region and they can all converge in Macao to watch their favorite and the best basketball teams fight for The Terrific 12 crown.”
Alapag enjoyed some local foods including curry beef with noodles, Portuguese egg tart, pork chop bun and milk tea. He raved about local food, but was eager to scout out the Tap Seac Multisport Pavilion, the battleground for upcoming event.
The PBA legend expressed his high expectations for the San Miguel Beermen and is not phased going up against a tough group featuring the Shenzhen Aviators from China and last year’s champions the Ryukyu Golden Kings from Japan. He revels at the challenge of going up against.
“The Terrific 12 is the best international club to club competition platform in the region and this is something that coaches and players have desired for a long time,” Alapag said. “Playing in this amazing tourist destination against new opponents offers an incredible opportunity for our club and our league to showcase what we can do to basketball fans across the world.”
The journey concluded at a local Filipino restaurant where coach Alapag was greeted with a massive number of Filipino fans. He also visited the Philippine Consulate.
“I hope the Filipino community in Macao can come together and turn out at the Tap Seac Multisport Pavilion to support us during The Terrific 12,” Alapag said. “The Filipino community is incredibly strong here and we can’t wait to put on a show for them!”
To check out the highlight of Coach Alapag’s full day tour, please check the video link on East Asia Super League YouTube channel:
For more in-depth, exclusive and behind-the-scenes information about East Asia Super League and THE TERRIFIC 12, please follow the below official website and social media pages:
- Official website: eastasiasuperleague.com
- Douyin: Search for ID “159972806”
- Facebook: facebook.com/eastasiasuperleague/
- Instagram: instagram.com/eastasiasuperleague/
- Jinri Toutiao: “East Asia Super League”
- Sina Weibo: weibo.com/u/6274381383
- Twitter: twitter.com/EASLofficial
- WeChat: Search for public account “East Asia Super League”
- Tencent Library: https://v.qq.com/detail/m/mzc00200enure8b.html
Want to see your favorite teams and players up close? Ticket prices for the group stage are set at MOP 50 for standard ticket and MOP 100 for courtside seat ticket. Semi-Finals and Finals tickets are MOP 200 for standard ticket and MOP 400 for courtside seat ticket. Full five-day tournament packages are also available at MOP 400 (standard ticket).
Tickets are available for purchase through the following three ways:
- Online purchasing via following online ticketing platforms:
- Macau Ticketing – (http://bit.ly/2Osn1Ox)
- DaMai Tickets – (https://detail.damai.cn/item.htm?id=599881986815)
- Qupiaowang – (https://www.qupiaowang.com/Ticket/Index/7492)
- com.cn – (https://www.228.com.cn/ticket-593637908.html)
- Retail outlets of Macau Ticketing
- On-site ticketing counter of Macau Ticketing at the Tap Seac Multisport Pavilion (available on September 17, 18, 19, 21 and 22, 2019)
Please stay tuned for more exciting news from us, and we look forward to seeing you at THE TERRIFIC 12 in Macao! For enquiries or more information about East Asia Super League’s The Terrific 12, please contact below personnel for different markets:
- China – Maggie Tang: Maggie@theAsiaLeague.com / Zoe Zhao: zoe@theAsiaLeague.com
- Hong Kong/Macao –Marcus Tang: Marcus@theAsiaLeague.com
- Japan – Dai Nakamura: Dai@theAsiaLeague.com
- Korea – Steve Han: Steve@theAsiaLeague.com
- Philippines – Melvin: melvin@theAsiaLeague.com / Banj Albano: banj@theAsiaLeague.com
Leave a Reply