Brazil and Japan will be represented in the ONE Championship event titled “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness,” which will take place at the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar on October 26, 2018. The fight card features three ONE Super Series kickboxing contests and nine mixed martial arts matches.
In the fifth bout of the evening, Luis “Sapo” Santos, 38, of Brazil will face Daichi Abe, 26, of Tokyo, Japan. They will compete in the welterweight division.
Santos is an MMA veteran of over 70 professional bouts. He made his MMA debut in 2000, entering an eight-man open weight tournament where he managed to triumph although some of the athletes weighed in at over 100kg.
In the tournament, Santos stopped all three of his opponents in the opening round. He claimed the first title of his incredible career.
More than half of Santos’s victories have come by knockout. While he holds a black belt in judo and in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, he is best known for his fearsome striking prowess.
On the other hand, Abe is known for his rapid strikes and the ability to attack from multiple angles. He is the former Pancrase Welterweight Champion.
Abe holds a professional MMA record of 6 wins and 2 losses and a professional kickboxing record of 10 wins and 1 loss. “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” marks the Japanese fighter’s ONE Championship debut.
In the main event of “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness,” two-division world champion “The Burmese Python” Aung La N Sang, 33, of Myanmar will defend his ONE Middleweight World Championship title from undefeated fighter Mohammad “O Lutador” Karaki, 27, of Lebanon. The former is also the reigning ONE Light Heavyweight World Champion.
“ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” will be the second ONE Championship event in Myanmar in 2018. Here is the complete fight card:
- Flyweight MMA: Rudy Agustian (Indonesia) vs Asraful Islam (Bangladesh)
- Flyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Joseph Lasiri (Italy) vs Josh Tonna (Australia)
- Bantamweight MMA: Ma Xu Dong (China) vs Ahmad Qais Jasoor (Afghanistan)
- Strawweight MMA: Ye Thway Ne (Myanmar) vs Mite Yine (Myanmar)
- Welterweight MMA: Luis Santos (Brazil) vs Daichi Abe (Japan)
- Strawweight MMA: Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke (Thailand) vs Himanshu Kaushik (India)
- Bantamweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Han Zi Hao (China) vs Ryan Jakiri (Philippines)
- Featherweight MMA: Emilio Urrutia (USA) vs Kazuki Tokudome (Japan)
- Light heavyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Ibrahim El Bouni (Morocco) vs Tarik Khbabez (Morocco)
- Featherweight MMA: Phoe Thaw (Myanmar) vs Keanu Subba (Malaysia)
- Featherweight MMA: Rafael Nunes (Brazil) vs Movlid Khaibulaev (Russia)
- ONE Middleweight World Championship: Aung La N Sang (Myanmar) vs Mohammad Karaki (Lebanon)
For more updates on ONE Championship, please visit www.onefc.com, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ONEChampionship, and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ONEChampionship.
Leave a Reply